Saturday, July 13, 2013

Car-seat Canopy Cover Pattern Tutorial

My sister Kara and I made car-seat canopy covers yesterday. It was really fun! We used this tutorial from the Sutton Grace blog. It was easy for us (very much beginners at sewing). Her tutorial says it will take 2 hours to complete the project but it took much longer for us, probably because we're idiots and don't know how to do this type of craft. 


This is mine. I chose a nice minty/teal fabric so that it will work for either a boy or a girl. 
My fabric is from Joann's (colors in picture below look a bit darker than it really is)
I did my straps a little differently than the tutorial shows. I added the second color just a few centimeters shorter on top to have the double layers.
 The Nautical one is Kara's. I love it! The fabric is from Sarah Jane Studio's "Out at Sea" line.

No comments: